Today on the blog we’re excited to welcome romance author, Alyssa Alexander, who will be giving away an Advanced Reading Copy of her debut novel, A SMUGGLER WORE SILK to one lucky commenter. But before we get to Alyssa’s post, here are the results of the FEARLESS cover poll from Monday. Out of 222 visitors, there were 31 total votes broken down as follows:
- Historical Romance 0 votes 0 %
- Erotic Romance 11 votes 35.48 %
- Paranormal Romance 7 votes 22.58%
- Contemporary Romance 8 votes 25.81%
- Sci-fi/ Futuristic Romance 0 votes 0 %
- Romantic Suspense 5 votes 16.13%
Though the majority of votes were for erotic and contemporary, you may be surprised to learn that FEARLESS fits best into the Sci-fi/ Futuristic Romance genre (which received 0 votes). Though, I think it could also be categorized as a Paranormal Romance (which received the 3rd highest votes). Either way, it’s clear to me that this book can’t be judged by it’s cover alone. That’s okay. Most people read a book’s blurb, right? They can also read an excerpt on my website and peek inside at Amazon. Fearless is available for pre-order now and releases January 7th (less than 2 weeks away!).
Guess who else has a book releasing that same day? Our guest blogger, Alyssa Alexander. Welcome Alyssa!!
Since we’re only a few short weeks away from our shared release day, I thought perhaps I would give readers a chance to get to know the hero and heroine of THE SMUGGLER WORE SILK: spy Julian Travers, Earl of Langford, and smuggler Grace Hannah. And, while I’m at it, how about some fun facts about me, as well?
First, a little about the book:
After he is betrayed by one of his own, British spy Julian Travers, Earl of Langford, refuses to retire without a fight, vowing to find the traitor. But when the trail leads to his childhood home, Julian is forced to return to a place he swore he’d never see again, and meet a woman who may be his quarry—in more ways than one.
Though she may appear a poor young woman dependent on charity, Grace Hannah’s private life is far more interesting. By night, she finds friendship and freedom as a member of a smuggling ring. But when the handsome Julian arrives, she finds her façade slipping, and she is soon compromised, as well as intrigued.
As she and Julian continue the hunt, Grace finds herself falling in love with the man behind the spy. Yet Julian’s past holds a dark secret. And when he must make a choice between love and espionage, that secret may tear them apart.
Now, let’s get to know Julian and Grace!
Five Fun Facts About Grace:
- Food: She usually has a glass of good French red wine when she visits the local pub.
- Weapon: She carries a pocket pistol, and she knows how to use it.
- Medical Skills: If you have the croup, megrims, need stitches, or need to set a broken bone, she’s your girl.
- Activity: Grace is an accomplished horsewoman and even rides astride. Shhh…don’t tell! It would ruin her reputation!
- Secrets: She tries very hard to hide behind the mask of poor relation, but you can’t hide a rebel smuggler forever.
Five Fun Facts About Julian:
- Food: He loves gingerbread, and lest you think authors often put themselves into a book, this author vehemently dislikes gingerbread.
- Weapon: Among the other deadly odds and ends on his person, he carries a knife in his boot.
- Medical Skills: Julian knows nothing beyond battlefield basics, which will do in a pinch. Particularly if you’re a spy.
- Activity: He’s in the business of espionage, which means he knows all those spy tricks about fading into shadows and hand to hand combat. You know, the fun stuff. Regency martial arts!
- Secrets: Julian has been carrying his secrets for far too long. But secrets have a way of being discovered, and his are very close to the surface once he returns to his childhood home.
- Food: I love bacon. On everything. Actually, I just like food.
- Weapon: I have never touched a pistol, rifle, musket, or any other firearm. Nor have I touched a knife that isn’t intended to peel potatoes or chop onion. I’m sure I would be missing digits or limbs if I tried.
- Medical Skills: I’m very experienced at putting superhero band-aids on small children. Beyond that, I’m at a loss.
- Activity: I’ve ridden a horse only once, and it left me quite bruised. I know nothing of martial arts or any other tricksy spy things. But I do love yoga, and find it helps me balance a full time job, a family and a writing career. My favorite poses are Pigeon (when I can do it) and Warrior III. But my very, very favorite pose is the Couch Potato, preferably accompanied by Potato Chips.
- Secrets: If I have any, they’re so secret I’ve forgotten them—which is probably for the best!
Now that you’ve met Julian and Grace, I’d love to give away an ARC (Advanced Reading Copy) to one random commenter! Good luck!
Alyssa Alexander spends her days working, her evenings playing with a kindergartener, and her late nights writing. She lives in Michigan, but is quite certain she belongs somewhere warm and sunny where drinks are served with little paper umbrellas.
Thanks for visiting with us today, Alyssa! I have already pre-ordered my copy of A Smuggler Wore Silk. I look forward to reading it! By the way…great book trailer!! 🙂 Don’t forget to leave a comment to be entered to win an Advanced Reading Copy of A Smuggler Wore Silk!