Are you struggling with your action scene? Perhaps you’re having a problem with pacing, power words, fight choreography or something else. Wouldn’t it be nice to get some feedback? The ladies at Attacking the Page want to critique YOUR work for free! Send us your action scene (of no more than 500 words) and we will choose one submission from the entries to post on the blog along with our critique. WARNING: If you don’t want your work posted for the world to see, DO NOT submit.
And now for the rules…
- You have from now until 12:00 midnight EST on Thursday, February 10, 2011 to email us your submission. DO NOT post in the comments section.
- Send your unpublished fight/action scene (500 words or less) in the body of an email to email@example.com include “Action Critique” in the subject heading.
- Please include your name (or pseudonym) as well as the genre of your work.
- We will pick ONE entry for critique.
- The chosen entry and our feedback will be posted to the blog on Thursday, February 17.
Please be aware the critiques offered by the authors of Attacking the Page are personal opinions and neither guarantee publication, nor are responsible for any rejections you may receive. As with any critique you receive, take what works for you and dump the rest.
We encourage you to spread the word to your writing buddies, friends and even your enemies. 🙂 Good Luck!
~ KM Fawcett