It’s Thanksgiving Day, I’m sure everyone will be rushing of to a day filled with food, family, and fun. Did you know Thanksgiving is a holiday with a high incidence or fires and burn accidents. So, before the festivities begin we wanted to off a few suggestions on how to keep the holiday safe and happy.
- Keep potholders and food wrappers at least three feet away from heat sources while cooking.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing while cooking or near any open flames.
- Makes sure stoves, ovens, and other heat sources are off when you sit down to eat or leave the kitchen for the day.
- Follow all cooking instructions and manufacturer guidelines for appliances.
- Set timers to keep track of food cooking times.
- Keep pot and pan handles turned inward on the stove. This way you can avoid tipping accidents.
- Make sure you do a walk through a the end of the night to ensure that all candles and other heat sources are extinguished.
- As always don’t drink and drive.
We hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday.